NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Santa Ana (the “City”) is soliciting applications from qualified individual artists, groups of artists, or arts organizations (“Applicants”) interested in partnering with the City to design and implement a 6-month interactive, multi-disciplinary arts pilot program at The Link, a 24-hour emergency homeless shelter facility in the City of Santa Ana, with a possible extension of an additional 6 months, subject to evaluation of program. The budget will be $6,500 for 6 months.
The deadline for the online application at Submittals.com is 11:59 PM, Friday, March 29, 2019. Proposals received after this date/time will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the Applicants to ensure that any proposals submitted have sufficient time to be received by the City.
Respondents are invited and encouraged to attend an optional pre-submittal tour of The Link facility. The date and time of the tour is Thursday, March 7, 2019, from 6:00-7:00 PM. Tour participants should wear comfortable shoes and will be required to sign a waiver of liability in order to participate. Please do not disturb residents by visiting the site outside of this date and time. RSVP is required with firstname.lastname@example.org.
All questions regarding this APPLICATION should be submitted in writing by Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM via e-mail to:
Ms. Gabriela Cramer
Arts & Culture Office
All questions submitted and responses will be posted on our website (https://www.santa-ana.org/cd/commissions/arts-and-culture).
In order to be considered responsive to this application, respondents shall submit applications online through Submittables.com (https://manager.submittable.com/signup).
The online application will prompt you to submit the information directly into the fields and to upload the submission materials described in the application guidelines. Please prepare all required materials before logging onto Submittable.com. Incomplete and late applications will be deemed ineligible and not be considered.
Emailed or faxed submittals WILL NOT be accepted. Responses, or components of responses, to this application received after the specified deadline will be rejected by the City as non-responsive.
KEY APPLICATION DATES (Subject to change at discretion of City):
Friday, March 1, 2019 Issue Date
Thurday, March 7, 2019; 6:00-7:00 PM Optional Pre-Submittal Tour
Thursday, March 21, 2019; 5:00 PM Deadline to Submit Questions
Friday, March 29, 2019; 11:59 PM APPLICATION Due Date
April 2019; Date & Time TBD In-person presentations by Applicants
Thursday, May 16, 2019 Review of recommended submittals with Arts & Culture Commission
June 2019 Program start date
VISION AND PROJECT OBJECTIVES
So as not to restrict the creativity and imagination of Applicants, by design this solicitation does not specify preferred arts programs; however, to convey the City’s goals and expectations for this development, the City provides the following project objectives:
· Provide high-quality, hands-on art workshops suitable for all ages and abilities. Children and their families have their own activity room separate from other adult residents in the facility and need to have specific programming/activities designed for them.
· Program will be weekly, 3 hours a week of workshop time, and no less than 24 weeks in duration
· Activities should be geared towards short-term participation as residents may rotate out of the facility
· Applicant will be responsible for providing all materials and supplies
· The selected program will be evaluated on feasibility, appropriateness for intended population, and inclusion of multi-disciplinary arts
· The City is open to joint applications among different artists
· Potential programs can include, but not limited to:
- Creative Writing
- Spoken Word
- Traditional Arts
- Visual Art (Painting, Sculpture, Drawing, etc.)
Deliverables for project:
- Weekly arts-focused workshops for the duration of 6 months
- Two (2) presentations of artworks created by residents during the workshops: 1) at the end of 3 months and 2) at the end of 6 months. Presentations can be in the format of an exhibition, performance, online publication, or combination of formats
- Work with Mercy House to create a survey tracking the retention rate of participating residents
- Work with Mercy House to conduct preliminary and post surveys measuring the benefits of the program for participants
- Monthly report of number of residents directly served through program
The artist/artist team selected through this application process must agree to maintain liability insurance, which will insure and indemnify the artist(s) and the City of Santa Ana during the term of the contract and for one year after acceptance of the project, unless the requirement is waived by the City of Santa Ana.
· The City of Santa Ana is not obligated to select a finalist from the submitted applications and reserves the right cancel this application at any time.
· Submitting an application does not constitute an expressed or implied contract.
· Applicants submitting will receive notification of the results of the selection process.
· Application materials will not be returned.
· This application is subject to ordinances in effect in the City of Santa Ana.
More detailed information about the APPLICATION (including samples of "SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES/TIMELINE" and "BUDGET" forms) is on our website: https://www.santa-ana.org/cd/arts-culture-office/heart-link- application